10 July 2014

Zucchini & Preserved Lemon Fresh Pasta...


After my recent attempt at fresh pasta, I had a ball of dough sitting in my fridge waiting for me to use it.
One of my favourite quick and easy pasta dishes sprung to mind.
It uses some of the preserved lemons that I made last year and a few veges I usually have on hand.
Most of the time I add a tin of tuna too, which makes it a heartier meal.

Zucchini & Preserved Lemon Pasta

Serves 2


Ingredients:

1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 small zucchini, julienned
1/2 preserved lemon
3 tbsp juice from preserved lemon jar
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped

Pasta for 2 people.

Method:

In a large frying pan, saute onion in butter until starts to soften.
Stir in zucchini and cook until slightly softened.
Add preserved lemon and juice from jar.
Set aside.
Cook pasta until al dente and reserve 1/2 cup of water before draining.
Stir in 5 tablespoons of the reserved water into the vegetable mixture to make a sauce.
Add pasta into the frying pan and stir together.
Season with salt and pepper and stir fresh parsley through.
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly